“...just as much about technological solutions as it is about the social tissue that we can nurture-culture, [as a way] to distribute ownership and establish a shared immune system.”
CoBox is an encrypted p2p file system and distributed back-up tool. With CoBox, there are no centralised servers, no data centers, and no surviellance architecture. Its just you and your peers, providing mutual support.
- Want to create a real-time private box for you and your mates to drop in files, share projects and collaborate?
- Want to back-up an extensive archive of videos or photos across several remove devices?
- Scared your rampaging toddler is going to destroy your external hard drive?
Don't worry, CoBox has got you.
Our software creates encrypted private
spaces on your laptop, which replicate and synchronise across a distributed network. A
space is a private area accessible across multiple devices - a device can be another person, or it can be another computer you own. Each space contains its own file system, and, under the hood, comes log which is used to send
space-specific messages. For example:
- Declaring information about the current device to other members (e.g. a name)
- Annotating files with custom metadata
- Sending messages to other members of a space, privately or publicly
- Informing other members that you have invited a new peer into the